Configuring XCAPI for handSIP T.38 Fax SIP Trunk
From your fax server:
- Open the XCAPI Configuration program.
- On the Welcome Screen, select the SIP Provider and click Next.
- From the list of SIP providers, select Other SIP Provider and click Next.
- In the right-hand pane, click the IP Parameters tab and enter the following information, and click Next.
Enter the handSIP username and password provided by your Imecom representative, and click Next.
- In the Description field, add a name or description for the controller.
- In the Channels field, enter the number of channels/call paths. This coincides with the number of channels licensed in your XCAPI software.
In the Default SIP Domain field, enter fax.handsip.com, and click Next.
Enable options for Registrar and Proxy with the following settings, and click Next.
Select the appropriate network interface to which the XCAPI is bound, and click Next.
- In the Registrar field, enter fax.handsip.com and set the port to 5062.
- In the Proxy field, enter fax.handsip.com and set the port to 5062.
Select Use public IP address and add 184.108.40.206, and click Next.
Enable the option to Constrain local UDP ports… and enter 12000 – 12012, and click Next.
Click Finish to close the configuration wizard.
In the XACPI configuration program, switch to Advanced view.
In the left-hand pane, expand Controller > and click SIP. In the right-hand pane, populate the following fields:
On the Registration tab, enable the option to Use SIP Domain for Registration.
- Username (Authorization): same as Username
- Display Name: same as Username
- Organization: fax.handsip.com.
On the Protocol tab, enable the option to Send Keep-Alive Packets.
In the left-hand pane, expand Controller > and click Network. On the Method tab, set NAT Traversal method to Disabled.
Save the configuration and close the XCAPI Configuration program.
Please Note: Consult your fax application documentation for instructions on whether or not you must restart any services following closure of the XCAPI Configuration program.